Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Another Judo Post

Sorry everyone, but I have to put in another Judo post:

Luckily here on St. Kitts, I was able to find a place to do some Judo/Jiu-jitsu/Submission Wrestling/whatever. There is a small community center up in one of the neighborhoods on the island. This is where we do our practices, and there are some very friendly and knowledgeable people who practice there.


Working on Double Leg takedown (Morote-Gari)

I've also been lucky enough to find someone who has some degree of Judo experience. He did a little Japanese Jujutsu back in the States, and so he knows some Judo techniques and is willing to do some extra practice. Here we are in our "Dojo", also known as the Large Animal surgery wing of campus.


Not exactly an ideal place to do Judo, but the mats are ok, at least.

Tai-Otoshi (Body Drop) is probably one of the most infuriating Judo techniques for me:


A work in progress to be sure. A friend of mine would call it the "Tai-Otoshi of a dabbler", can't say I disagree at this point...

1 comment:

  1. Matt,

    This is Aaron. I realized after sending you the videos on tai otoshi that I cannot improve on their instruction. I hope they are helpful. I will certainly put up my own videos when they become available. Currently I am relearning the tsurite motion. It is difficult to properly fit the body into position for the proper tsurite motion. The arms feel like they are getting in the way when it is done poorly. However, when done properly (as tsurikomi) the benefits of the proper tsurite are immense.

    ReplyDelete